More Than Just Making Lists! Adult ADHD Treatment Group
We offer small-group treatment for ADHD in adults. Some benefits of group treatment are:
- It’s cost-effective – about 1/4 the cost of individual therapy
- You will meet others who have similar challenges, which can be validating
- The group offers support, accountability, and lots of great ideas!
We have two age groups: the Young Adult Group and the Mature Adult Group. So you don’t have to worry about attending with your children!
Want to know more? Here are Your Questions and Our Answers
Q. What material does the group cover?
A. The Group will help you learn how to manage your ADHD
- Learn about ADHD & Yourself
- Organize your time & your life
- Get things done & get unstuck
- Manage emotions & stress
- Be assertive in relationships
- Be healthy
- Manage addictive behaviour
- During the group, you will work on an 8-week project
Q. What are the Program Details?
- Ten 2-hour Sessions
- Cost? $100 per 2-hour session (psychology service), total cost $1,000
- Where? Lighthouse Psychology Boardroom (2nd floor, 1609 - 14 Street, SW, Calgary)
- Mature Adults Times: Wednesdays, 6:00-8:00pm, October 5 to December 7, 2022 (View PDF details here...)
- Young Adults Times: Thursdays, 6:00-8:00pm, October 6 to December 8, 2022 (View PDF details here...)
Q. How does this group differ from other adult AD/HD groups?
A. This is not a support group. It is an intensive treatment group that will help you learn skills to deal with common problems experienced by adults with AD/HD. The approach is called “Social Behavioural Cognitive Therapy” which involves presentation of information, demonstration of skills, and opportunities for practice and feedback. You will set personal goals you can achieve over the 10 sessions.
Q. Does my AD/HD diagnosis have to be made by professionals at Lighthouse Psychology Services?
A. No, but you must have a formal diagnosis of AD/HD.
Q. How do I register?
A. Phone or email us and let our office manager know that you are interested in participating in the group. Our contact information is (403) 286-5411 and firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted to schedule a 20-minute screening interview with one of our facilitators to make sure this group is a good fit for you.
Q. What will the screening interview entail?
A. We will review your AD/HD diagnosis, other relevant mental health or physical health diagnoses, current concerns, and your personal goals. The screening interview is to ensure that the group model is a good fit for you and that you are willing to commit to the 10-session group format.
Q. How do I pay? How am I receipted?
A. The program fee is $50 an hour for ten 2-hour sessions, for a total fee of $1,000. When you register, we will request a credit card number and will process one $100 charge on each session. You will be given a receipt for 2 hours of psychological services. Attendance is expected, and missed sessions are still part of the total program participation fee.
Q. What if I miss a session?
A. We ask you to make a commitment to attend all sessions so that you can get the most benefit from the program. Also, your fellow group members are counting on you to attend and participate each week. The information in each session builds on earlier sessions and all of the content is relevant. However, if you can’t attend a session, you will be provided with all materials that you may have missed.
Q. How many people can participate in this 10-session program?
A. We can accommodate 5-6 participants with one psychologist, or 10-12 participants with two facilitators.
Do you have other questions? Give us a call, (403) 286-5411.