WHO WE ARE
Our Professional Staff:
Dr. Michael Zwiers
- Permanent Teacher Certification (AB)
- Permanent Early Childhood Specialist Certification (AB)
- Masters in Individualized Education with School Psychology (UofA)
- PhD in Counselling Psychology (UBC)
- Internship in Child Clinical Psychology (Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto)
- Post-Doctoral Training in Clinical Psychology (Waterloo HSO)
- Psychologist of the Year 2015 + 2016 (Psychologists’ Association of Alberta)
AFFILIATIONS AND EXPERTISE:
- Former School psychology consultant for: Learning Disabilities, Autism, Behavioural & Emotional Disorders, Giftedness, Health Conditions & Environmental Sensitivities, Hearing Impaired, Vision Impaired, Severe Disabilities (Waterloo Region District School Board)
- Former Manager of Clinical Services (Calgary Learning Centre – CanLearn Society)
- Former Assistant Professor, Chair, and Director of Internships and Practica (University of Calgary Counselling Psychology Program)
- Current Adjunct Assistant Professor (University of Calgary, Educational Psychology)
- Current supervisor and trainer of psychologists in assessment, diagnosis, and therapy
- Specialist in: learning disabilities, autism, ADHD, anxiety, OCD, and diagnostic assessment
OUR FRONT OFFICE
- Aharon is our office manager, and the first person you will talk to when you call or visit.
- He has fifteen years of customer service and office management experience.
- Aharon speaks English, Spanish, and Hebrew.
- He handles all of our scheduling, payments, and receipts.
- Aharon’s commitment to our organization is seen in his role as a full business partner in Lighthouse Psychology Services.